Polskie forum fanów Josha Grobana

Forum fanów Josha Grobana

• Nie jesteś zalogowany.
  • Polecamy: Moda

Ogłoszenie

Zachęcamy do rejestrowania się na naszym forum. Dla zalogowanych użytkowników czeka niespodzianka w postaci dodatkowych, ukrytych dla gości, tematów.
  • Index
  •  » Tournée
  •  » Barbra Streisand's Follow Your Heart Benefit - Malibu 14.06.12

#1 10-5-2012 11:09:35

Marta_Evans

Pogromczyni Wszelkich Tematów

Ulubiona piosenka Josha: Awake
Imię: Marta
Od kiedy słucham Josha: 27.01.2007

Barbra Streisand's Follow Your Heart Benefit - Malibu 14.06.12

No i kolejne wydarzenie, na które czekamy (swoją drogą strasznie dużo się ich uzbierało, żebyśmy potem pamiętali o ich aktualizacji ).

"Barbra Streisand has brought Bill Clinton onboard as a special guest for a benefit she’s planning at her Malibu home with James Brolin, June 14. The event — dubbed “Follow Your Heart” — will benefit the Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai, and Streisand will perform at the bash along with Josh Groban, David Foster and other “surprise performances,” sources tell us. A premium ticket, costing about $100,000, gets guests a picture with Babs and Bill, sources say, but the ducats start at close to $12,000. Invitations to the event began hitting high-profile mailboxes yesterday. The dress code, according to the invite, is “Informal Chic.” Streisand also confirmed yesterday that she’ll perform publicly in her native Brooklyn for the first time at the new Barclays Center arena Oct. 11. A source close to the singer said she hadn’t performed in Brooklyn since she “was in grade school, about 7 years old, in Flatbush.”"

Info: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/babs_bi … giW2HSafcP

http://25.media.tumblr.com/01ccd8ac4826d24d51199d0d9254a788/tumblr_n3ehl3jyX21qa9gzso2_r1_250.gif

#2 15-6-2012 20:43:38

Marta_Evans

Pogromczyni Wszelkich Tematów

Ulubiona piosenka Josha: Awake
Imię: Marta
Od kiedy słucham Josha: 27.01.2007

Re: Barbra Streisand's Follow Your Heart Benefit - Malibu 14.06.12

O aktualizacji pamiętam. A więc...

Zaczynamy od zdjęć:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146368855.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146368853.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375739.jpg
Umarłam... Zabójczy uśmiech!!!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375737.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375736.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375733.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375722.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375692.jpg
No i znów ten uśmiech... <3

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/tgil4/2012/146375748.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/MAFPICS/Screenshot2012-06-15at84023AM.png
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/MAFPICS/Screenshot2012-06-15at83851AM.png
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/annapip/Diverse%20Josh%20Groban/Barbra%20Streisand%2014-06-2012/Udklip5.png
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/annapip/Diverse%20Josh%20Groban/Barbra%20Streisand%2014-06-2012/Udklip3.png
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/annapip/Diverse%20Josh%20Groban/Barbra%20Streisand%2014-06-2012/Udklip2.png
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/supermomma4/2012%20misc%20Josh/slide_232941_1101941_freeJOshBabs.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166008_4174097480229_1174728771_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/545390_4174097720235_1738340410_n.jpg

Tweety Josha:

"Just had a wonderful rehearsal with @BarbraStreisand for her @cedarssinai heart foundation dinner tomorrow. Always an honor to sing w/ her."

"Thank you @BarbraStreisand for a wonderful evening and for inspiring me and millions with your voice and passion for philanthropy!"

Artykuły:

"Streisand opens her home for women's heart health

Sandy Cohen, Associated Press, Malibu, California | Fri, 06/15/2012 6:31 PM

In an elegant white tent nestled among the barn-shaped houses that dot her Malibu compound, Barbra Streisand sang and former President Bill Clinton spoke to a crowd gathered to raise funds for women's heart health.

Guests paid as much as $100,000 per couple to attend the intimate fundraising dinner Thursday supporting the Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Streisand donated $10 million to the new research and treatment facility and solicited million-dollar donations from wealthy friends she called personally.

Heart disease kills more women each year than all cancers combined.

Streisand performed four songs, including "Smile" with singer Josh Groban. Other guests at the event included designer Donna Karan, Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone, NBCUniversal chief Ron Meyer and actors Josh Brolin and Diane Lane.
"

"Barbra Streisand Follow Your Heart Event gift bag by WOW Creations

June 14th, 2012 10:45 AM | by Monte | Entertainment Arts & Technology, Gifting Suites, MBN Newsvideoweb News

Barbra Streisand’s opened her home for special performances by Barbra, singer Josh Groban, composer/arranger David Foster and Israeli mentalist Ior Suchard at her Malibu compound for the “Follow Your Heart” event on June 14, 2012.

The evening benefitted the Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and the dedication of the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center was announced – a $22 million campaign for research into women’s cardiovascular health.

The evening began with a very private cocktail reception followed by a seated dinner with tickets up to $100,000 a couple.

Matt and Mark Harris of WOW! Creations provided 200 gift bags for the event for VIPS such as Barbra Streisand, James Brolin, Ralph Lauren, Barry Diller, David Foster, Josh Groban and President Bill Clinton.
WOW! Creations, based out of Los Angeles, has created gift bags and produced charity events and celebrity gifting suites including the ABC’s Bachelor Pad, Academy Awards, Canadian Country Music Awards, Cannes Film Festival, Kentucky Derby, Miss America Pageant Official Gift Bag, Miss California, Sundance Film Festival"

Women's heart health center to bear Barbra Streisand's name

By Rebecca Keegan, Los Angeles Times

Published: Thursday, June 14, 2012
Updated: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:06

LOS ANGELES - In 1991, cardiologist Bernadine Healy published an editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine about a phenomenon she called "the Yentl syndrome." Yentl, the heroine of a 1983 Barbra Streisand musical based on an Isaac Bashevis Singer story, was a Jewish girl who disguised herself as a boy so that she'd be allowed to get an education. Like Yentl, Healy wrote, women only received proper treatment for heart disease when they exhibited classically male symptoms.

Twenty-one years after Healy's report, cardiology remains a surprisingly chauvinist field, with women constituting less than a quarter of participants in heart-related studies and with women's heart disease less likely to be properly diagnosed than men's. The disparity persists despite the fact that heart disease is the leading killer of women, surpassing all cancers combined.

Now Streisand, 70, has become not only a useful symbol for the problem, but one of the most high-profile figures in the effort to fight it.

On Thursday, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center will announce the dedication of the Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center at an event at the singer's Malibu home that will conclude a more than $22 million campaign for research into women's cardiovascular health.

The center will be funded by a $10 million gift from Streisand as well as several $1 million gifts she solicited from individuals such as New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, media mogul Barry Diller and his wife, designer Diane von Furstenberg, Qualcomm co-founder Irwin Jacobs, designer Ralph Lauren, billionaire financier Ronald Perelman, Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone and billionaire Haim Saban.

"I've always been outraged by inequality _ civil rights, gay rights, gender discrimination," Streisand said. "I don't like that women somehow are not important enough to have studies done on them."

Streisand's role as an entertainer has always been her most potent fundraising tool _ for years, she has sung for hat-holding Democratic presidents and senators, and Thursday night she'll perform for about 174 people at her home, including former President Bill Clinton.

Guests who have paid up to $100,000 a couple to attend will dine on heart-healthy cuisine, take in entertainment by singer Josh Groban, Canadian musician David Foster and Israeli mentalist Lior Suchard, and bid in an auction of luxuries that will include a Jim Dine painting, a Neil Lane bracelet and the weeklong loan of a yacht.

The evening will be the culmination of years of research and planning by Streisand and Dr. Noel Bairey Merz, the medical director of the Cedars-Sinai center that will bear Streisand's name. Five years ago, at the same time that the singer was looking for an outlet for her interest in women's health, Merz was looking for a way to buffer her research from the dramatic ebb and flow of government grants.

Women's health is often held hostage to partisan politics, Merz said, because it is lumped in the public conscience with controversial issues such as abortion. And women's heart health in particular is an underestimated problem, she said, which makes it harder to raise funds. In a 2005 poll conducted for the Society for Women's Health Research, a health advocacy group, 22 percent of women identified breast cancer as the disease they feared the most, versus 9.7 percent for heart disease.

"I thought, there are women who have money now, who would want to help," Merz said. "We're not in the kitchen anymore."

As a physican, Merz treated a friend of Streisand's, and the doctor and singer forged a relationship with the shared goal of bringing women's hearts the same kind of money and attention breast cancer has received.

Last year Streisand and Merz delivered a Ted Talk on the issue of women's heart health, and this spring Streisand began approaching potential donors to Merz's research by calling Forbes' list of female billionaires, none of whom ultimately gave. After striking out with wealthy women, she switched to men, appealing to their concern for their daughters, wives and girlfriends."

"Josh...er...Jack in the Box

Jun 15, 7:52 AM EDT

Streisand opens her home for women's heart health
By SANDY COHEN
AP Entertainment Writer
Posted Image   
MALIBU, Calif. (AP) -- In an elegant white tent nestled among the barn-shaped houses that dot her oceanfront compound, Barbra Streisand sang and former President Bill Clinton spoke to a crowd gathered to raise funds for women's heart health.

Comedian Martin Short was the master of ceremonies at the intimate fundraising dinner Thursday at the Malibu home Streisand shares with her husband, James Brolin.

Guests who paid as much as $100,000 per couple to support the Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center enjoyed sweeping ocean views and the singer's blooming rose garden before sitting down to a "heart-healthy," gluten-free dinner of tofu, fish or grilled vegetables.

"Don't worry," Streisand said. "If you're still hungry, there's a Jack in the Box on the way home."

She donated $10 million to create the new research and treatment facility at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and solicited million-dollar donations from wealthy friends she called personally. Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone, NBCUniversal chief Ron Meyer, designer Donna Karan and actors Josh Brolin (Streisand's stepson) and Diane Lane were among the donors and guests at the event.

Streisand said she was motivated to contribute to women's heart health because she "can't stand inequality, whether it's about civil rights, gay rights or gender discrimination."

Heart disease kills more women each year than all cancers combined, but most of the research on the disease for the past five decades has been conducted on men.

"Even in scientific research, women are still treated as second-class citizens," Streisand said, "and to me, that's just unacceptable."

So she raised her voice and opened her wallet and invited her friends to do the same.

"It's kind of a selfish thing because it's actually very fulfilling to do something like that that's larger than me or my career," she said, acknowledging that her fellow donors must feel the same way.

"Think about all the good that we'll do, all the good that will come of it because of your extraordinary generosity," she said.

Clinton, who was welcomed with a standing ovation, saluted Streisand for her commitment to women's health.

"I never thought anybody could care a lot about more things than I care a lot about. She makes me look like a heartless dumb pike," he said. "Unless your heart has been taken out of your body, you need to care about this."

Clinton said the issue of heart health and equitable research goes beyond politics.

"Our country has always believed in being not only a laboratory of democracy but a laboratory of science and advancement, and you can't do that with a straight face and leave women out," he said.

Singer Josh Groban performed before Streisand took the stage. She sang four songs, including the Oscar- and Grammy-winning "Evergreen," which she dedicated to Clinton. He told her in 1992 that it was his favorite song of hers, and she sang it at his inauguration.

She and Groban sang "Smile" as a duet, and Streisand closed the evening with a special rendition of "Here's to Life" with new lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman, who were also among the guests Thursday.

"A woman's heart beats well tonight," Streisand sang. "Because of you a woman's future's looking bright, and it gets brighter with each check you write, so thanks with all my heart.""

"From iVillage
Streisand Benefit link
iVillage Has Behind-the-Scenes of Barbra Streisand's Star-Studded Benefit for Heart Disease

Where does one begin about a night that started with chardonnay on the grounds of Barbra Streisand's Malibu estate and taking in breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and ended with the legendary singer giving a rare live performance, singing four magical songs, including fan favorite "Evergreen." All I could think was "Pinch me now!" Streisand's voice sounded as pure and perfect as it did when she first broke into show business 50 years ago.
This was to be a celebration, the 70-year-old star told the crowd of nearly 200, which included actress Diane Lane, fashion designer Donna Karan, Dr. Dean Ornish, comedian Martin Short, singer/songwriter Josh Groban, studio chief Ron Meyer and special guest, former President Clinton. And there was plenty to celebrate. More than $20 million was raised for the Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, which, as of Thursday, has a new name -- The Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center.
"It's kind of a selfish thing because it's actually very fulfilling, to do something that is larger than me or my career so I'm very, very honored," Streisand said, as she accepted a plaque bearing the new name of the facility she's been working with since 2007. That's around when, she says, she was "shocked" to learn that even as heart disease kills more women than all cancers combined and kills more women than men every year, most of the research about the disease is done on men. "The only message that this sends to me is that even in scientific research, women are still treated as second class citizens and to me that's just unacceptable," she said.
Watch Streisand's special video on women's heart disease, which was shown at her fundraiser:
Comedian Martin Short served as special guest host, playfully teasing the soiree's hostess throughout the night. "Actually Barbra's a little nervous this evening," said Short. "She always gets that way whenever she removes the plastic from all the couches."
We dined on "heart healthy" selections, including a salad of watermelon and heirloom tomatoes, tuscan kale, and pan-roasted wild-caught barramundi filet, plus vegan choices including a quinoa pasta.
"In honor of President Clinton, we have a vegan option for dinner," said Streisand, referring to how the former president changed his diet after his battle with heart disease. "And I know what many of you are thinking? You are charging how much?," she joked. "If you are still hungry, there's a "Jack in the Box" on your way home."
The former president, looking trim and youthful in a sports jacket and khakis, saluted Streisand for her dogged determination to fight heart disease in women. "If she were a member of Congress and I were still president, she would be among what I would call our 'Just Say Yes List," said the president. "When they call you for something, just go and tell them yes because you are going to do it sooner or later. They're like a dog with a bone, they won't let you go, they'll make your life miserable so just go ahead and tell them yes."
Dr. Noel Bairey Merz, a prominent cardiologist and director of the Women's Heart Center, feels like she hit the jackpot having Streisand as a champion for more women-centric research and treatment options for women's heart disease. "This is the beauty of working with an icon...people do listen to Barbra Streisand."
But that doesn't mean the pitch has always been easy or successful. Streisand revealed that when she first started her fundraising drive, she reached out to women with means. “The first calls I made were to billionaire women figuring that I would get money from the billionaire women," she said. "Not one cent. I had to call the men." She ended up getting eight $1 million donors, including New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, designer Ralph Lauren, Ron Perelman, and Barry Diller and his wife, Diane von Furstenberg. Streisand contributed $10 million.
One of the most amusing parts of the evening was a performance by self-described mentalist Lior Suchard, who dazzled the crowd -- even skeptics like Ron Meyer -- by reading people's minds. He would guess the exact number someone had written down far away from him on a piece of paper so there was no chance he could see what they wrote and even guessed the name of the first boy one woman kissed as a teenager. Clinton joked that the Israeli born Suchard should never have been allowed to leave his home country, and should have been kept behind to use his magic to serve as a menace to Iran.
Throughout the night, I have to admit, I felt like I was at a warm family wedding, but then I kept reminding myself, "This is Barbra Streisand's house!" It was really intimate at times, especially when Streisand and Clinton expressed their deep friendship for each other. Clinton told the audience that Streisand called his mother every week for the 50 weeks she was alive after his first inauguration. "She owned me for life because of the way she treated my mother," the former president said.
If that weren't intimate enough, Josh Groban sang "Starry, Starry Night" melting many women's hearts along the way, and peformed a duet with Streisand herself. And then, the legendary songstress brought the crowd to its feet with her four piece selection, including new lyrics to one of her old tunes.
"Yes, a woman's heart beats well tonight because of you, a woman's future looking bright and it gets even brighter with every check you write," sang Streisand to barrels of laughter. "So thanks with all my heart."
Share this story with your friends, your family and your followers to help raise awareness about how heart disease kills too many women -- too many moms, wives, sisters, daughters and friends -- and how gender-specific research is needed to treat the disease.
"Take what you've learned... and tell someone about it," said Dr. Merz. "In fact, tell as many people as you can about it."

Z artykułów wynika, że Josh zaśpiewał Smile wraz z Barbrą, oraz solo 4 piosenki. Jedną z nich była Vincent. Ze zdjęć widzimy również, że David Foster był obecny i grał z Joshem.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/01ccd8ac4826d24d51199d0d9254a788/tumblr_n3ehl3jyX21qa9gzso2_r1_250.gif

• Index
  •  » Tournée
  •  » Barbra Streisand's Follow Your Heart Benefit - Malibu 14.06.12

Stopka forum

RSS